So I am famous (with my friends anyways) for my Black Bean Brownies. I am known for bringing them to gatherings and not telling anyone what they are until the pan has been licked clean. I love surprising people by telling them how healthy the sinful snacks actually are! I’m a dork…I know.
ANYWAYS, I have finally I decided to give a new alternative brownie a go. These delectable treats come from paleomg.com. MAKE THEM. They will kill ALL sweet/chocolate cravings. I cut mine up into 12 slices and did the math…they are 121 calories per slice (a good size slice too!) with NO sugar, NO gluten and NO dairy and they’re SO choclate-y! You’re going to love/hate me even more after you make these!
Here you go!
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes. OR you can puncture it and place in Microwave for 8 mins!
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Now add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.