Alright, so I’ve been on a rampage and loving it. I started kicking up my diet about a week ago and the cravings have already set in. So… I went on a mission to find clean and tasty sweet alternatives. The Sweet Potato Brownies were the first experiment but then I decided I wanted something I could take with me as a protein-rich, bite-sized snack. Thus came these Killer Chocolate Protein Balls! I found the original recipe on paleomg.com but in an attempt to cut back on a few calories and tone down the sweetness (only a little, I promise) I made some tweaks and made it my own. These are also Dairy, Sugar, and Gluten-free plus super delicious. Whip up a batch of these bad boys, keep them in the fridge and grab a few for everyday fuel!
Killer Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8-10 dried Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops Raw Protein (I use Vanilla) or protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor
- Turn food processor on.
- Let ingredients mix until Dates are completely broken down and incorporated.
- Shape mixture into tablespoon/ bite size balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to help harden.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge!