These yummy yummy bars have quickly become a staple of mine, especially when I am trying to stick to a low- calorie diet packed with enough energy to keep me going through my workouts. Who wants those nasty sinking spells, not me! These help to keep your body satisfied throughout the day! Great pre or post-workout they provide the perfect blend of carbohydrates and proteins, plus they’re packed with free-radical fighting antioxidants!
Try them out and let me know what you think!
“Lauren (not Lara) Bars” aka. Energy Bars (original)
– 1 cup natural Peanut Butter
– 1 cup honey
– 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
– 1 cup chopped dried apricots
– ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
– ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
1) Combine peanut butter and honey in a larger non-stick pot and heat on low until runny. Mix in the oatmeal, apricots, and nuts, stirring all until all ingredients are well coated.
2) Line a 9×9” pan with waxed paper. Press the mixture into the pan. Let cool, then cut into bars. (should make at least 16)
Train hard. Eat clean. Live happy.